Friday, January 21, 2011

Viridian Artists’ 1st International Juried Photography Exhibition

I'm honored that two prints from my Sidewalks of New York series were selected for the Viridian Artists’ 1st International Juried Photography Exhibition. The exhibition includes work by 26 photographers from the United States and abroad. It will be on display at the Viridian Gallery located at 530 W 25th Street in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan from January 18 through February 5, 2011. There will be an opening reception at the gallery on January 22 from 4-7pm. 

This exhibition was juried by Elisabeth Sussman, Curator at the Whitney Museum of American Art. In her curatorial statement, Sussman talks about the breadth of photography today and says, "all the photographers, I think share a basic concern, which I would describe as a conviction that photography has a dual role: that a photograph is both an aesthetic object and a conveyor of information." 

I'm delighted that I'll be able to stop by the gallery to see the show when I visit New York for the PowerHouse Portfolio Review.


Fifth Avenue and East 77th Street, Manhattan

Coney Island Boardwalk, Brooklyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home