Tuesday, November 15, 2011

LensWork Portfolio and Interview

I’m thrilled and honored to be featured in issue #97 of LensWork magazine, with both an extensive interview and a portfolio from my Return to New York series. LensWork, the premier international magazine covering photography and the creative process, is published six times annually and is available as a high quality 96 page print edition, an extended DVD version and is also available online by subscription.
  
  
My interview consists of a ten-page discussion with Brooks Jensen concerning street photography in general and with reference to my accompanying portfolio, Return to New York. The print portfolio contains twenty beautifully crafted duo-tone images, and also includes my brief biography and a project description. 
  
  
The extended DVD and online versions of the publication, available in mid-December, will include an additional images in the portfolio as well as a video interview.
  
The rest of the issue is also not to be missed. It includes a portfolio by the late Vivian Maier, the recently discovered street photographer who privately created a compelling body of work during the 1950s to 1990s in Chicago, where she was employed as a nanny. Also included is an essay on imaginative photography by Brooks Jensen and the 2011 year end gallery. 
  
LensWork #97 is available from their online store as a downloadable pdf.
  
Ever since seeing LensWork for the first time when I began my photographic journey back in 2003, one of my long-term goals has been to have my work appear in this prestigious publication. I am now most delighted to have achieved that benchmark.
  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just visited your site and like the humanity present in your photos.
robert

November 27, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home