Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review

As the year draws to a close, it’s time to reflect on the many wonderful photographic experience I’ve had in the past twelve months. The major highlight of the year was the publication in LensWork #97 of my ten-page interview on street photography and a portfolio of 20 images from my series Return to New York. LensWork extended #97 included more images and an additional 33 minute video interview. I was also honored to have my work in solo exhibitions in Hungary, Solvakia and Seattle. My prints were also included in over a dozen juried group exhibitions in locations ranging from Oaxaca to New York to Minneapolis to Seattle. I also had the opportunity to do street photography in many urban locations including New York, San Francisco, Sicily, Naples, Rome, Budapest, Vienna, Warsaw, Krakow, Prague, Mexico City and Oaxaca. All of those cities also afforded wonderful opportunities to visit photography exhibitions in local museums and galleries. This year I also enjoyed  taking workshops with Ernesto Bazan in Sicily and Oaxaca. Finally, I pleased that I received the Merit Award from B&W Magazine in the 2011 Portfolio Contest and Honorable Mention in the Texas Photographic Society Portfolio Mid‐Career Artist Competition III. The upcoming year promises to be equally exciting so check back on my blog for updates. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home